Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pediatric surgeon 2/8/07

I guess I should update on the last two appointments before we have another one tomorrow. Honestly, it's difficult to write these updates. I'm never quite sure how much to say. Plus, blogger was forcing me to update and I kept puting that off.

Anyway, we didn't learn a whole lot. He went through our charts and asked us questions. It was clear that it was the first time he was reading the information. He hadn't even looked at the mri, which we had been told was essential to have done before meeting with him. He showed us some pictures, but nothing new to us. He did explain what would happen if she's born and the circumstances under which they will perform surgery- which is, that everything has to be pretty much perfect (heart, lungs, brain, bladder...).

He did refer us to a neurosurgeon, with whom we meet Wednesday. He also told us that of the six cases like ours that he's seen, almost all have come around 34 weeks. That was a little bit of a reality check in that's about 4 weeks away.