11. eleven. e-lev-en.
That's how many pounds I gained in the last month. I had an appointment today at 19.5 weeks and knew the weight was a jump, but couldn't remember what I weighed last time and didn't realize it was so much. My OB walked in and the first thing she asked was what I was going to do about it. I told her take my shoes off next time. She laughed and said my shoes might be heavy, but probably don't weigh 11 lbs. My jaw dropped. e-l-e-v-e-n.
If you're counting, that's about what Char gained with each of her two boys and they were both over 9lbs at birth. This puts me right where I was at this point with Howie's pregnancy, except that I started that one heavier and had actually lost weight in the first few months. I didn't show a positive gain with him until about 24 weeks, let alone over 15 by the not quite 20 week mark.
I can't even blame my blood pressure reading on that since they took it before I was hit with the double digits. It was a little high for me. As in, I've never ever seen it this high except maybe in the last week before Howie was born. It's still well within normal range, but worries me a little when I haven't seen it this high in the 15 or so years I can remember having it taken.
Other measurements from this week
-I'm way anemic, but that's no surprise. I guess I better get more consistant about taking my iron supplement. It's just that pregnancy in general + prenatal vitamins + dairy for the first time in years is already slowing the equation down a bit.
-I didn't think to ask what the baby's heartrate was, but it sounded good and seemed slower than the last few times.
-Total times we butted heads and had a battle of the wills? zero. She was right back to the OB I loved for 9 months with Howie.
Although, she did tell me to limit carbs when we were discussing my weight. I just nodded, because I don't think I'm physically able. Really, I live for flour in all its forms. And flour with dairy (as in a bowl of cereal or pasta and cheese)? I could eat that every meal. So, that 11 lbs hit me hard, but hard enough to do anything? eh, we'll see. I did have a salad for lunch, but I can't imagine globs of ranch dressing being any better for my weight than a sandwich. Plus, I followed it up with a cookie/pie/tart thing I threw together last night.
If you're counting, that's about what Char gained with each of her two boys and they were both over 9lbs at birth. This puts me right where I was at this point with Howie's pregnancy, except that I started that one heavier and had actually lost weight in the first few months. I didn't show a positive gain with him until about 24 weeks, let alone over 15 by the not quite 20 week mark.
I can't even blame my blood pressure reading on that since they took it before I was hit with the double digits. It was a little high for me. As in, I've never ever seen it this high except maybe in the last week before Howie was born. It's still well within normal range, but worries me a little when I haven't seen it this high in the 15 or so years I can remember having it taken.
Other measurements from this week
-I'm way anemic, but that's no surprise. I guess I better get more consistant about taking my iron supplement. It's just that pregnancy in general + prenatal vitamins + dairy for the first time in years is already slowing the equation down a bit.
-I didn't think to ask what the baby's heartrate was, but it sounded good and seemed slower than the last few times.
-Total times we butted heads and had a battle of the wills? zero. She was right back to the OB I loved for 9 months with Howie.
Although, she did tell me to limit carbs when we were discussing my weight. I just nodded, because I don't think I'm physically able. Really, I live for flour in all its forms. And flour with dairy (as in a bowl of cereal or pasta and cheese)? I could eat that every meal. So, that 11 lbs hit me hard, but hard enough to do anything? eh, we'll see. I did have a salad for lunch, but I can't imagine globs of ranch dressing being any better for my weight than a sandwich. Plus, I followed it up with a cookie/pie/tart thing I threw together last night.

<< Home